Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Product Review: Cinema Secrets Ultimate Foundation

Product Review

Cinema secrets ultimate foundation in the shade 200-65
        Cinema Secrets is a company based in Burbank, CA. Cinema Secrets founder Maurice Stein formulated this foundation for use in the entertainment industry. Maybe that is why it is called "Cinema Secrets"... hihihi :) But it is not only limited for use by professional make up artists, here in the Philippines it is available for purchase in SM department stores in the cosmetics section or in Landmark. They have an office in Quezon ave although I am not too sure if they also sell products there. As of the moment this is my HG full coverage foundation! It is available in over 50 shades. My shade for this line of foundations is 200-65. You can buy this in two sizes, I got the smaller one and it has already lasted me for about 6 months and still it is half full! It could provide medium to full coverage depending on how you apply it. I love that this is very opaque when applied but it does not feel heavy on the face. It can also double up as a concealer. It can provide a dewy finish when applied using a wet sponge or a matte finish when applied using a brush. If properly applied it looks really flawless it almost looks like an airbrush finish. It is waterproof and also sweat resistant. It really lasts all day on me even if I do not use a sealer. :)

INGREDIENTS list

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Octyldodecanol, Cetyl Palmitate, Carnauba, Candelilla Cera, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Aloe Barbadensis, Tocopherol, Parfum. May contain: Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Ultramarines CI 77007, Red 36 CI 12085, Red 7 CI 45850:1, Carmine CI 75470, Yellow 5 CI 19140:1.



For more product information click here!

YIPEE!!

Creamy, glides on skin easily
Can be applied using a wet sponge or a brush
Buildable
Doesn't crease or cake 
Provides really good coverage and a flawless look
Can also be used as a concealer
Waterproof
Sweat proof
Has many shades to choose from so you can find your perfect shade
Can also be bought in a palette (as shown below), very useful for Make up artists.
Credits to Cinema Secrets for this photo


BOO!!

Doesn't prevent the face from oiling up (for oily skin types try to use a primer first.)
A little bit pricey... (A small pot like this costs about Php 1,000 +), but its worth it!
I cant think of anything else! 

REPURCHASE??

Yes, of course when I get to finish this pot! :)

How I apply this foundation:
My bare face...

I don't have perfect skin , I have sensitive skin which is why I have some discolorations and also I have syringoma  under my eyes. I also have big dark circles on my under eye area.
What I use to apply my Cinema Secrets foundation:



I will apply it only to the left side of my face so that you will be able to see a comparison. 


I don't apply it all over my face, I just concentrate it in the areas where I want the coverage then I use a wet sponge to blend, blend, blend! :)


This is how it looks like after I blend it in.

My dark under eye and syringoma close up
After applying the foundation
   After blending the foundation I use translucent powder to set it. I don't use a powder brush to set my cream foundation, what I do is I use a powder puff and tap/press in the loose powder on to my face. After it is set, I use my powder brush to remove the excess. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment